Gray wigs have gone chic and fashion writers have declared grey hair to be the height of style for all demographics. Some have even gone so far as to call it the new blonde.
Grey Hair Fashion
The original trend can be attributed to fashion designer Jean-Paul Gaultier who stormed the catwalks of Paris Fashion Week in 2015 with silver haired models. Since then Grey has broadened its appeal for young people changing their hair color and the older generation eager to embrace their natural grays. Additions of blues, reds and purples have added a contemporary and lively note to a hair color that was previously hidden or concealed.
Grey Wigs Are for Every Age
As grey expands its appeal into the younger generations, the manufactures have released color shades that are more brash and fashionable than the traditional wigs with grey hair.
What started out as just one to two color options in grey a few years ago has expanded broadly to 5-10 grey colors for each manufacturer. Human Hair offerings are still quite small but here are a few examples:
- The Ellen Wille Prime Power collection of blended human hair/synthetic styles offers a selection of predominantly short grey wigs that promise the styling advantages of synthetic fiber with the look and feel of human hair.
- Raquel Welch’s Tru2Life collection curates approximately 20 Heat Defiant gray wigs including popular styles such as Advanced French, Classic Cut and Editor’s Pick.
- Rene of Paris, Noriko and Amore’s offering is largely centered around short gray wigs with plenty of bob and pixie styles to choose from.
Styles Shown: Ready for Takeoff by Raquel Welch | Crowd Pleaser by Raquel Welch | Amal by Rene of Paris | Nala by Amore
From the short tousled look to the sleek and smooth bob, gray wigs are now available and able to satisfy most style preferences. In total the LA Wig Company offers over 220 Grey Wig styles from Jon Renau, Amore, Rene of Paris, Estetica Designs, Ellen Wille and Raquel Welch.
Fashion Gray Wigs
As gray expands its appeal into the younger generations, the manufactures have released color shades that are more brash and fashionable than the traditional wigs with gray hair. Here is a highlight of the most popular gray shades and styles that are currently making waves in the world of fashion.
- Raquel Welch’s Iced Granita and Palest Pearl shades have rapidly become bestselling best-selling colors
- Rene of Paris, Amore and Noriko’s Illumina offers a fashion forward and contemporary option to an array of edgy styles like Vada, Tessa and Zion.
- In 2020, Jon Renau released the Arctic Collection made up of five novel colors that were variants of gray/silver. Flurry, a pewtery lilac; Frost, a pearly, barely blushing pink; Glacier, a bright, icy blue; Storm, a sharp silver; and Sleet, a luminescent platinum.
Styles shown: Zion by Noriko | Tessa by Noriko | Flirt Alert by Raquel Welch | Rachel by Jon Renau
Gray Wigs for Men
Wigs with Gray Hair make up a significant part of the overall color options available for Men’s Wigs. HIM’s collection of Men’s gray wigs come in a range of 6 gray colors from 10% gray to 90% gray.
Styles shown: Classic by Him | Distinguished by HIM | Reserved by HIM
Shop Hundreds of Gray Hair Wigs Online.
The LA Wig Company has become a popular destination for finding amazing deals on gray wigs. With over 220 grey wig options that have been beautifully curated for a great shopping experience complete with great pricing, free shipping and easy returns. LA Wig Company is the destination for the best gray wigs.Shop Grey Wigs at the LA Wig Company