Jon Renau Diane: Lace Front, Monofilament Synthetic Wig
The Jon Renau Diane Wig is a Short, Smartlace Synthetic Wig: Combining easygoing layers with assertive texture, this sassy short shag offer deluxe comfort and SmartLace stylability, with a lace front and hand tied monofilament cap.
Diane by Jon Renau Specifications:
CAP DESIGN: Lace Front-Single Monofilament
CAP SIZE: Average
HAIR TYPE: Synthetic Wig
LENGTH: Short Wig
TEXTURE: Straight Wig
Diane by Jon Renau Features:
What is a Lace Front Wig: “lace front” means that a piece of sheer lace mesh is located at the front of the wig cap. Hairs are individually hand tied onto the lace front piece in order to create a more natural appearance. Lace front wigs are usually more light weight and much more comfortable than an ordinary wig. You usually have more versatility to style it different ways which also adds to the undetectable nature and natural look!
What is Jon Renau Smartlace? Smartlace is a wig cap technology from Jon Renau. Lace front wigs have each hair hand tied to the lace creating the illusion of a natural-growing hairline. The finely woven lace front conforms to the shape of the head for a secure fit
What is a Monofilament Cap Wig? Monofilament feature means that each hair is tied to a soft lace material by hand. A monofilament crown, part, or top mimics the appearance of hair growth from the scalp. Hair can be parted in either direction and helps the wig look much more natural. The sheer mesh also lets your scalp show through for the most realistic look possible.
What is a Synthetic Hair Wig? Synthetic wigs are created from man-made fibers using specialized technology to give the overall appearance and feel of real hair. They arrive styled out of the box and hold their styling even after washing. Quality has improved dramatically in recent years and distinction from Human Hair wigs is often difficult to see.
Pros of Synthetic Wigs
- Low Maintenance: Synthetic wigs are generally easier to take care of owing to the permanent styling. A shake and brush is all it takes to maintain the pre-styled look and the wig can be worn instantaneously with no fuss or bother. Women who do not want to be bothered with styling a wig on a daily basis may prefer a synthetic wig.
- Color Retention: Synthetic fibers retain their color permanently so there is no fear of fading but synthetic wigs cannot be successfully recolored.
- Cost: Synthetic hair wigs are usually less expensive than those made from human hair with a broad variety of styles and cuts ranging from $100 to $400. The cost can allow women to purchase more than one wig at a time without breaking the bank and allow for the convenience of a spare.
- Broad Selection: Synthetic hair wig purchasers have never had it so good. Hundreds of fine quality styles and cuts are available from the largest and most respected wig manufacturers in the industry with a broad array of colors. It is easier to find your style/cut/color of choice than ever before.
- Quality: Recent advances in technology have eliminated a lot of the traditional barriers to synthetic hair wigs. Quality is reliable and good and natural look and movement of the hair is really pretty good and not ‘wiggy’ like products of yesterday.
Cons of Synthetic Wigs
- Unnatural Look: Despite advances in technology, high quality synthetic wigs can still look unnatural in direct light or in the subtle ways that they move. Although the differences are slight, there is still a tendency towards a less flowing and more sculpted appearance.
- Permanent Styling: For those seeking flexibility in their daily styling, the permanent styling of synthetic wigs may be a barrier. Be aware that HD (Heat Defiant) Synthetic wigs do allow heat styling and may be a solution or maybe just buy a second wig for the variety.
- Coloring: Options for coloring synthetic hair wigs are limited and not to be recommended. Synthetic wigs do not absorb a regular hair dye like human hair.
- Discomfort: Synthetic hair wigs are less able to ‘breath’ than human hair wigs and can be hot and itchy in warm weather.
- Heat: Non HD (Heat Defiant) Synthetic wigs should not be heated with styling tools as they will melt and accidental exposure to open ovens or heat lamps can damage synthetic wigs beyond repair.