Jon Renau Camilla: Double Monofilament, Synthetic Wig
The Jon Renau Camilla Wig is a Synthetic Wig with a double monofilament cap: Elegant sideswept bangs and cascading long layers exude chic allure. The hand tied mono top allows for versatile styling in any direction — let your imagination reign!
Camilla by Jon Renau Specifications:
CAP DESIGN: Double Monofilament, 100% Hand Tied
CAP SIZE: Average
HAIR TYPE: Synthetic Wig
LENGTH: Long Wig
STYLE: Layered Wig
TEXTURE: Jon Renau Straight Wig
Camilla by Jon Renau Features:
What is a Double Monofilament Cap Wig? Double monofilament layer cushions the layer underneath to which hair is knotted, so it feels even silkier and softer against the skin. Double Monofilament Wigs look and appear very natural and are a great choice for clients that have sensitive scalps.
What is a 100% Hand Tied Wig? 100% of the cap (back and sides, front, and crown) is hand tied allowing the wig to move and flow like natural hair.
What is a Synthetic Hair Wig? Synthetic wigs are created from man-made fibers using specialized technology to give the overall appearance and feel of real hair. They arrive styled out of the box and hold their styling even after washing. Quality has improved dramatically in recent years and distinction from Human Hair wigs is often difficult to see.
Pros of Synthetic Wigs
- Low Maintenance: Synthetic wigs are generally easier to take care of owing to the permanent styling. A shake and brush is all it takes to maintain the pre-styled look and the wig can be worn instantaneously with no fuss or bother. Women who do not want to be bothered with styling a wig on a daily basis may prefer a synthetic wig.
- Color Retention: Synthetic fibers retain their color permanently so there is no fear of fading but synthetic wigs cannot be successfully recolored.
- Cost: Synthetic hair wigs are usually less expensive than those made from human hair with a broad variety of styles and cuts ranging from $100 to $400. The cost can allow women to purchase more than one wig at a time without breaking the bank and allow for the convenience of a spare.
- Broad Selection: Synthetic hair wig purchasers have never had it so good. Hundreds of fine quality styles and cuts are available from the largest and most respected wig manufacturers in the industry with a broad array of colors. It is easier to find your style/cut/color of choice than ever before.
- Quality: Recent advances in technology have eliminated a lot of the traditional barriers to synthetic hair wigs. Quality is reliable and good and natural look and movement of the hair is really pretty good and not ‘wiggy’ like products of yesterday.
Cons of Synthetic Wigs
- Unnatural Look: Despite advances in technology, high quality synthetic wigs can still look unnatural in direct light or in the subtle ways that they move. Although the differences are slight, there is still a tendency towards a less flowing and more sculpted appearance.
- Permanent Styling: For those seeking flexibility in their daily styling, the permanent styling of synthetic wigs may be a barrier. Be aware that HD (Heat Defiant) Synthetic wigs do allow heat styling and may be a solution or maybe just buy a second wig for the variety.
- Coloring: Options for coloring synthetic hair wigs are limited and not to be recommended. Synthetic wigs do not absorb a regular hair dye like human hair.
- Discomfort: Synthetic hair wigs are less able to ‘breath’ than human hair wigs and can be hot and itchy in warm weather.
- Heat: Non HD (Heat Defiant) Synthetic wigs should not be heated with styling tools as they will melt and accidental exposure to open ovens or heat lamps can damage synthetic wigs beyond repair.